What can Osteopathy treat?
Osteopaths can treat people of all ages from new-born babies to senior citizens. Patients seek treatment for a wide variety of conditions, including back pain, repetitive strain injury, changes to posture in pregnancy, postural problems caused by driving or work strain, the pain of arthritis and sports injuries.
Osteopathic medicine is also very effective in treating the problems that develop during pregnancy and early childhood. Osteopathic treatment can be used in conjunction with your normal medication and can be adapted to treat any age or condition. Patients do not need a referral from their G.P. to treat these common conditions:
- Postural and/or mobility problems
- Back and Neck Pain
- Joint Pain
- Back Pain during and after pregnancy
- Sports Injuries
- RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury)
- Head Pain such as: migraine, jaw pain, neuralgia and tension headaches
- Digestive problems
- Osteopathic Council of Ireland (OCI), [https://www.osteopathy.ie/], accessed April 2023