Back Extension in Standing - is for prevention of back pain from sedentary lifestyle. Whether you spend your working days at the desk in the office, or driving long distances slouched behind the wheel of your truck - every two hours you need to stand up straight, and perform this simple exercise (will take around 60 seconds).
The correct way of doing Back Extension in Standing:
- Stand upright, with your feet slightly apart.
- Place your hands in the small of your back with your fingers pointing backward.
- Bend your trunk backward at the waist as far as you can, using your hands as fulcrum.
- As you do this, it is important that you keep your knees straight.
- Once you have maintained the position for a second or two - return to the standing position.
- Perform six repetitions of this exercise.
- Each time performing this exercise, try to bend backward a little farther so by the last repetition your back is extended backwards as far as possible.
Your own physical condition and diagnosis may require specific modifications or precautions. Before undertaking any course of self-treatment you should consult a doctor or a physiotherapist.
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.